Saturday, January 24, 2009



We returned from Odessa about midnight last night. It was a long drive with the kiddos but worth it. We joined my family in celebrating my Grandma's life. Robbie Nelle Hamilton was an amazing lady- a true servant and follower of Christ. She lived life to the full- her entire life. She was involved in ministry and various social groups all the way until God called her home.
The sun warmed the side of my face as I looked around at all the pretty flowers that decorated her graveside. 16 grandchildren and 16 greatgrandchildren. Spouses too. It was a beautiful sight. All influenced and affected by this one woman. That is how I want it to be when God calls me home. I want others to see his glory in the fruit he produced in my life. Wow. I am so blessed and I am so thankful for my Grandma's Godly influence. God is good all the time.

The pictures above: Bottom GG- Great Grandma and Claire . Top- Paula, Doris, Claire, Grandma, and my mom (Susan) looking down at us. (Spring 2007)

2 comments:

  1. Paula, I didn't know you lost your grandmother! I'm SO sorry! Please let me know if you need anything or if you need someone to listen. I'm so glad she's in a better place and that she touched you during her life but I know how it hurts to lose someone you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. The memorial service was wonderful- it was truly a celbration of her life and I am praising God for the blessing I had in her. We are doing well.

    ReplyDelete