Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day




For Valentine's Day we have started a new tradition at our house. Since we are all book lovers, I decided that is what we will buy as gifts for Valentines Day. A book from Claire to Cole, Cole to Claire, Claire to Daddy, Daddy to Claire...you get the idea. We had 9 presents to open the night before Valentines. (We will save the actual day for a romantic date for Chad and me.) After mowing down on homemade pizza, we all plopped on the living room floor. Claire had fun passing out the gifts. Her sweet little face lit up with every book. She sat on the floor for a long time thumbing through her new treasures. Her collection included Curious George and several Level One Readers from Mardel on prayer and manners. Chad even liked the book I bought for him: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting. Valentine's morning started early for us- about 5 am...but not because of Cole! Chad was up bright and early to tape the dogs for a day of quail hunting. Only in my house. Valentine's Day was special this year- it was a time to celebrate our love as a family. I hope the roses Chad bought for me will stay fresh a long while.

3 comments:

  1. You stole that from Heather didn't you!?!?! You know what's funny, when I overheard her say that...I thought, I need to do that! Next year, right?!?! Miss you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to do some more dear...I've been on here twice now and no updates...you're not that busy are you? ;)

    ReplyDelete