Friday, February 13, 2009

A Typical Day for This Stay at Home Mom (Is there such a thing?)

We have fun everyday. Once we eat breakfast, make our bed, get dressed, brush our teeth, brush our hair and have Bible time...we can play or watch a little tv. Cole goes back down to nap around 9:30. That is when I have time with Claire- just the two of us. We color, do puzzles, read books, play babies, have a tea party...whatever she wants that day. Then, I let her play by herself for a while and I can do something...like laundry. Woopty woo. Actually, I usually take advantage and check FB and make phonecalls...then I get to my chores. He, he. Don't tell Chad. Cole wakes up about 11 or 11:30. We all do lunch and play some more...maybe run some errands or meet with friends until Claire's naptime at 1:30. I have 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get things done or have some time to myself. I feed Cole about 3:00 so one on one time with him is part of that. Once Claire wakes up- we all play some more. Cole usually goes back down to nap around 4:30...leaving more time for Mommy and Claire. I try to start putting supper together during this time and Claire loves to help. I feed Cole again around 6 and let him play with Claire while I cook supper. Chad usually gets home around 6:30. Then, it's all about Dad...and a little break for me. We eat about 7ish. The rest of the evening is Family time. Cole goes to bed about 8:30 and Claire goes to bed about 9. After that, it is Chad and Paula time. This is a typical day...but usually something is going on to make our days not typical. You know, things like Small group, Pokeno, Chad gone to Fort Stockton, waking up early from naps, tornadoes. You get the idea. We sure do love this life- God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment